Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Muck, muck and away!!!

What a difference a day at work makes - NOT!  At times rapid progress is made but then on others not much happens at all.  Today was a case in point.  Even though we're only at the end of Day 3 - I must remember this project is nothing like building computer systems for the banks!  Looking at the pile of muck now completely blocking the site entrance (I'm sure Andy knows what he's doing) tomorrow will be a busy day with monster trucks blocking the drive and upsetting my neighbours - although they have been warned.  There is now a big hole where my lawn used to be and this will only get bigger throughout tomorrow which means more muck, more trucks and more upset.

It's now really starting to look and feel like we're building a house - something as a family we've dreamt and talked endlessly about every day for the past go knows how many weeks, months and years - I can't believe we're finally bloody doing it - OMFG!

Actually that reminds me I need to take out building warranty now BEFORE we start setting out ready for excavating the foundation trenches.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment