Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tradesmans Entrance

Well after weeks of planning and preparation work has finally got under way today to create the entrance to the site so that the groundwork contractor (Andy McNair) can start the task of site clearance - getting rid of the vegetative layer - that's soil to you and I and levelling the ground ready for setting out - that's marking where the house will sit on the plot. I suppose I can now say my building plot has formally become a building site and the spacious garden is no more!

The site entrance will eventually become my driveway but for now provides access for all of the various contractors involved in completing the project.  Now that several trees and a brick wall have all been raised to the ground - thanks Kez and Paddy you made mincemeat of that job - I'm amazed how much space we will have for parking.  It's hard to visualise on drawings but it's a relief that we will easily have enough room to park four cars and still be able to "enter and leave the property in a forward gear" - planning speak to being able to turn your car around on your own land!

Kez doing what he does best...and Paddy doing what he does best!







Chainsaw frenzy! I now also have a pile of firewood for my wood burning stove - that's saved me at least £75 this winter - bargain - thanks Kez.  Search Amazon.com for wood burning stove





Anyway next job is to move the private sewer that runs across my land unfortunately directly underneath where the new house is to be built.  This will address one of the three conditions imposed on my planning approval notice that I needed to resolve before building could commence.  Still could have been worse...it could have been a main sewer!


No comments:

Post a Comment